The project aims to develop new smart and flexible OSRs. These optical solar reflectors will conjugate the typical low α and high ε at high T, with a large ∆ε between hot and cold states.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Solar absorbance α ≤ 0.2;
- Emissivity in the hot state εhot ≥ 0.8;
- Emissivity contrast (hot / cold state): εhot – εcold > 0.3 (target ≥0.4);
- Transition temperature TMIT ≈ 20°C;
- Total thickness (substrate included) < 90 µm;
- Active area ≥ 80 mm x 80 mm (target: 100 mm x 100 mm) patterned by Nano Imprint Lithography.
The Consortium will validate demonstrators of smart and flexible OSRs at TRL 5 through a test campaign equivalent to ˜2 years at GEO.
Samples should undergo ageing with UV, charged particles, thermal cycles, initial AIT and functional tests.