The measurable objectives of the project are to:
- Develop SMART-FLEX Optical Solar Reflectors having:
- Solar absorbance α ≤ 0.2;
- Emissivity in the hot state εhot ≥ 0.8;
- Emissivity in the cold state εcold< 0.4 (target 0.3);
- Transition temperature TMIT ≈ 20°C.
- Deliver demonstrators of the technology on foils of minimum active area 80 mm x 80 mm, target active area 100 mm x 100 mm, patterned by Nano Imprint Lithography
- Validate the demonstrators at TRL 5 through an extensive test campaign that includes 2 year GEO equivalent ageing with UV, electrons, and protons, thermal cycles, initial AIT tests, and functional tests in vacuum under variable thermal loads.